It all began when Rooster suggested the idea of running a superheroes game with multiple possible participants and storylines. Essentially, a "team" comic book or cartoon show where not every character will feature every time. The result was Genesis, and that was ran several years ago. We completed a season but did not bring the series to a definite conclusion. Still, it was a fun and wild ride.
We used Mutants & Masterminds 2nd Edition for the first game. Now, to commemorate an excellent system, and some excellent gamers, we are going to revive it. This is ReGenesis. I will be the director of the project, and serve as a final say on the setting and game. However, for the most part, I am not here to be the sole creator of the game. The majority of what made Genesis good, and what will make ReGenesis great, is the participation of other gamers in drafting the setting and populating it with interesting characters.
So, please. Let this serve as an open invitation to come forward and add to our game. Your game.
- A new "three strikes" policy will remain until further notice. Essentially, if a character has a problem and must be reviewed repeatedly, either while applying or in game, and the issue remains unresolved, the third rejection will be permanent. Note that this does not stop me from giving you another chance, nor does it stop me from rejecting you out of hand on the first pass, but it is a guideline I intend to follow for the most part. Almaz 13:25, 27 February 2012 (PST)
- Restarting! All characters in ReGenesis remain approved if they were approved. If any application of errata occurs, this will alter future development of the character and PP gained instead of immediately coming out of your PP total and requiring you to rebuild the character. People with extant sheets may retire characters and bring in new ones with the same pp total if they want, as a one time offer that expires upon April 1st. Almaz 20:05, 26 February 2012 (PST)
- <Jeanette> and at least one parent or guardian has to be dead. and die in front of you. no healthy childhoods allowed
- After discussing with Almaz I've changed the rules on how the Takedown Advantage works. Pretty much everyone will want to look at that. -Regris
- Scratch that. El Fuego went ahead and bought the top of a skyscraper in Sun City. The penthouse is a Toughness 10, +2 size lair, with plenty of Living Space. It has about the furnishings you would expect of such an impressive home but at the moment that is the limits of what El Fuego's (admittedly impressive) finances can contribute. Fortunately for him, it's insured. Almaz 12:23, 30 August 2010 (PDT)
- The TV has a disturbing amount of martial arts themed channels (wrestling, sumo, karate, mixed martial arts, etc.) Almaz 22:44, 7 September 2010 (PDT)
- El Fuego has generously opened his palatial estate in Mexico to guests. Travel there is limited to people who have met El Fuego and either Dexter Hawkings or Fulmina, or who can make the trip themselves. As a headquarter goes it only has (posh) living space, but it's pleasant. - Almaz
- I am looking to complete all summaries for August sessions by the beginning of September, and add a "appearances" section to all character sheets to note which ones a character has appeared in. -Almaz
- System: Mutants and Masterminds 3E
- #regenesis - Game channel
- #exogenesis - Discussion channel
- ReGenesis Setting
- ReGenesis Inhabitants
- ReGenesis Sessions
- ReGenesis Characters
- ReGenesis Rules
- M&M Powers and the World
- Almaz, Lead Producer
Show interest if you already know whether you want to be a Sub-GM or not, although this isn't inherently binding. Guest writers can totally do a one-shot.
- Blank Sheet Man - Played by Anonymous.
- Lily Hisakawa, Automated Laser Integrated Criminal Eliminator - ALICE, Scott Mayflower, Andy MacDonald a.k.a. Street Fighter, Gwendoline Cadwallader, Elisa Greene (Character I'm actually playing to replace Marian) - Played by Tythanin. I swear this is the last one I make. I really am going to only play Elliot and Marian.
- Lira Ordin (Vortex) Played by Nerem. BACK WITH A KILLING VENGEANCE.
- Kate Childe - Work in Progress by Shingro
- Patrick Powers / Power Flux - Soon-to-maybe-be-played by Jaiku (approved by Almaz)
- AnyaKerensky - waiting approval by Rika
- Kayli Thil'calestieth - Played by Mecha (Awaiting Approval)
- Marie Nome "Eureka" - Played by Tilus
- Tammvi Gimu, aka Triune - Super-in-progress sheet, Player by Darkheart
Characters that may potentially be used by story-writers or other players.
- Laban S. Brooks - by Hayate
- Valerie Sterling - NPC by Jeanette
- Lady Liberty - NPC by Jeanette
- Medic-Man - NPC by Tilus
The Cutting Room Floor
Characters that are not going to be used, due to rejection or other reasons.
What Do These Roles Mean
- Director - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'M THE MOD! FEAR MY MODERATE POWER!!!
- Editor - In charge of approving, reviewing, and editing character sheets.
- Producer - In charge of overseeing storylines, may approve guest-written sessions and storylines.
- Writer - Writers run sessions and help work on storylines for the ReGenesis setting. They usually don't have to have a Producer review their sessions, but they usually wind up with one doing so anyways to some extent.
- Guest Writer - Potentially anyone may guest-write a session if they have a Producer sign off on their proposal.